Studio 950 Email Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to Studio 950 email Services.
- Each mailbox has a storage quota. This is in place to protect Your account and others from potentially large volumes of email sent to a single address that could materially affect the email system server. Additional storage can be purchased though Your control panel. It is the mailbox owner's responsibility to ensure that his/her mailbox does not reach its allocated level. Studio 950 cannot be responsible for email lost due to full mailboxes. You can check Your mailbox size from Your control panel.
- Studio 950 monitors the server as a whole but does not monitor individual mailboxes. The server uses SMTP, a "store-and-forward" email protocol, to deliver outbound messages. This protocol does not guarantee immediate delivery of email messages. By default, the server makes a delivery attempt every ten minutes three times; after that the server will attempt message delivery every fifteen minutes. If there is no successful delivery attempt within twelve hours, a delay notification will be emailed to the sender. If there is no successful delivery attempt within two days, the message will be returned to the sender.
- Studio 950 makes every reasonable effort to ensure mailbox security at all times. We do this through a combination of various network security policies, load balancing and redundant systems. We make every reasonable effort to ensure the integrity of data on Studio 950 systems. On the rare occasions where there may be a problem with specific mailbox data, it is the mailbox owner's responsibility notify to Studio 950. We cannot guarantee to restore data and we accept no liability for the loss of any such data.
- Each account is allotted an aggregated storage capacity initially equal to the total storage capacity of each mailbox. This storage capacity is shared among all mailboxes and public folders within Your account; the quota cannot be exceeded. For an additional fee, You may increase Your account storage capacity at any time from within the control panel.
- In addition to the aggregate account storage capacity, each mailbox and public folder also has its own storage limit. When the storage capacity is reached on an individual mailbox or folder, the Exchange servers shall stop sending or receiving messages. Studio 950 is not responsible for Service unavailability or data loss caused by any mailbox or folder exceeding its storage capacity. To prevent such occurrences, You can manage mailbox and public folder storage limits at any time from within the control panel.
- Studio 950 installs anti-virus software on its email servers. This software is configured to check messages coming into the email server. If a virus is detected, the message is deleted. No notification is sent to either recipient or sender of the message. Messages sent between mailboxes on the Studio 950 platform are not checked.
- Studio 950 runs anti-SPAM software on its email servers. You can determine the levels of spam protection from within your control panel.
- Studio 950 also runs anti-SPAM software on outbound email from all mailboxes, and reserves the right to mark or delete any messages determined to be SPAM.
- If Studio 950 identify a mailbox or domain that is causing problems; we will either remove the offending mailboxes or change their settings to resolve the issue. In extreme cases, we will disable email or suspend all Services to the domain as appropriate.
- For details of what is not allowed by Studio 950 and Studio 950 spam/ illicit material policies please see Studio 950 Acceptable Use Policy.
- Studio 950' policy on maintaining stable data-transfer levels includes a deletion process for email as follows:
- (i) all mail in IMAP "Trash" folders will be deleted automatically after 7 days. Such mail is checked daily
- (ii) if a mailbox is not accessed for 60 days, either by POP or IMAP, all mail over 90 days old will be deleted automatically. This process will be repeated daily until the mailbox is accessed again;
- (iii) Root mailboxes that are not accessed for 90 days will have their quota reduced to 1MB automatically (with any existing mail over this new quota deleted). If the Root mailbox is accessed again, its quota will be increased back to the original allocation (Root mailboxes being Standard mailboxes).
Please note: by ordering any of our services or products you agree to all Studio 950 terms and conditions.